Philips is therefore unveiling two gaming monitors from its premium Momentum range, with 4K definition and 2K definition as the key. Here’s what to remember
The premium Momentum range from Philips therefore accommodates two 27-inch monitors for PC gaming, namely the 27M1F5500P and 27M1F5800 models. Knowing that the Momentum range is made to embed the latest screen features, we are on a slightly higher price.
Two Philips screens for the gamer
César Acosta, Gaming Product Manager for Europe at MMD Monitors & Displays explains:
The new Philips Momentum gaming monitors are loaded with features designed specifically to give gamers the essentials to get the most out of the most dynamic and visually rich video games on the market. With the 27M1F5500P and 27M1F5800, gamers are assured of maximum gaming intensity thanks to the implementation of high-performance features, guaranteeing remarkable images and flawless gaming fluidity. In other words, the game as they have come to expect it.
In addition to the usual marketing communication, we are more specifically entitled to two NANO IPS panels with wide viewing angles benefiting from Ultra Wide-Color technology. Note also the SmartContrast feature that allows you to analyze the content in real time and automatically adjust the colors and the intensity of the backlighting in order to raise the contrast to provide the user with a better quality experience. In short, Philips wants to incorporate smart technologies.
Visually, the screens are identical in terms of design and only the definition is different. It is the same for the various technologies which are identical on the two models.
Summary of technical characteristics:
- 27” Nano IPS panels with 1.07 billion colors
- Delta E < 2 for sRGB color space
- VESA DisplayHDR 600 and AMD FreeSync Premium Pro compatibility
- 27M1F5800 : UltraClear 4K UHD resolution (3840 x 2160) @ 144Hz, HDMI 2.1
- 27M1F5500P : Crystal-clear QHD resolution (2560 x 1440) @ 240Hz
- MultiView functionality that allows connection and simultaneous viewing from two independent sources
- Ergonomics: SmartErgoBase stand with height adjustment (130 mm) and 90° swivel function, horizontal rotation and tilt; FlickerFree technology for better visual comfort.
The Philips 27M1F5500P and 27M1F5800 screens will be available in June at prices of 769 euros and 819 euros.