Remedy is focused on the final quality of the project.
October has always been one of the hottest months in the gaming industry, when the biggest blockbusters of the year are released. In this regard, 2023 will be no exception. Users are waiting for six high-profile releases at once, and one of them will be horror with elements of survival Alan Wake 2. However, Remedy Entertainment is not afraid of competition. The studio is focused on developing the highest quality game.
Thomas Puha, director of public relations at Remedy, spoke about this in an interview with Wccftech. In the conversation, the executive was asked what he thinks about the busy schedule for the release of games in October. He replied: “We’re really only concerned about making the best game we can. That’s ultimately what matters most.” According to Pooh, there will always be competition, so “neighboring” releases don’t matter.
Recall that in October, in addition to Alan Wake 2, Marvel’s Spider-Man 2, Forza Motorsport, Assassin’s Creed Mirage, Lords of the Fallen and Alone in the Dark will be released. Moreover, the latter is also a horror with elements of survival and a direct competitor to the Remedy project. Between them, with a high probability, a struggle will unleash for the attention and money of fans of the genre.
Alan Wake 2 Key Details
- The game features two protagonists – Alan Wake and police agent Saga Anderson. Their storylines constantly intersect, creating a cohesive story.
- The plot for the story was a series of ritual murders in Bright Falls. To investigate this case, Anderson arrived in the town.
- There will be several different locations: the untouched forest, the surroundings of the lake, the settlement of Watery and the Dark Place, where Alan Wake is trapped. Bright Falls is also on the list and occupies a central position.
- The developers promised to implement all the main elements of horror with elements of survival in the project.
- Alan Wake 2 will release on October 17, 2023 on PC, PS5, Xbox Series X and Series S.